Here are a few points to consider when you are thinking about getting your site up onto the web.
1. Web site quality – make sure this is on page one where people can see it. Aading such a key phrase can be very difficult.
2. Web site performance – some keywords are just not worth going for. If you were optimising a phrase that attracts 1000 search results, you may achieve good positions but be very disappointed if you still only get a handful of visitors to your site. Not because your on page 1 but because your on page 4 for that phrase.
3. Superior advertising – the internet is full of competitors trying to get your attention. This is both good and bad. We all want to opt for the most expensive option to get what we want. But, you need to be aware of all your choices.
Choose a web site that offers the following:
– A well constructed site with a good layout and design.
– Images and pictures are tagged and are correctly named.
– Original content – no copy shop work.
– Well labeled links.
– Notice how many other sites are linked onto theirs.
– A few well positioned internal links.
– A site map with links to all the pages.
– Friendly, easily navigable pages.
– Clean code.
– And most importantly they are not still under construction!
If you spot these signs and your web site then you know where to get started to improve your listing.
If you are just starting out and cannot afford to pay for professional help and advice, then there are a number of things that you can do yourself that will also improve your listing.
First of all you need to think about the layout and nature of your site. You need to ensure that where possible your title tags are in the correct format for search engine optimisation. At the bottom of each page you should have a unique title tag. The title tags are what are being picked up by the search engines and are the basis on which your site is themed. You should use one different theme per page.
You should also create Meta keywords carefully whilst ensuring that they are not to the extent of becoming stuffed. This is the act of deliberately using the keywords you wish to rank for but they need to be surrounded by the correct phrases. Your title tags should be appealing to the on theme language of the internet masses.
You should also consider the Meta description as part of your on site optimisation. This is your facility to sell your site to the internet searchers. This needs to be written with several descriptive sentences. In your Meta descriptions you should also make use of key phrases.
Your main pages of your site should be written in clear and concise English with clear and concise Meta tags. This will result in producing very readable and crediting copy.
When considering the content of your website its highly beneficial if the content is of high quality. If you create a web site then you are ultimately promoting your business. If your content is of poor quality you will soon discover that you are going to lose a large number of potential clients. They will simply take your site for a ride that perhaps your web site did not have the requested content!
In many parts of the world, there are large groups of people who speak a different language, commonly called as “ming hoi”. These people speak m falling to the rules of the English language. However, if you placed that many groups of people in a room together they would be likely to become very frustrated and ur substitute to English.
For this reason, it is essential that you make sure that the content of your web site is written in an entirely different way to that used by the English speaking worldwide population.
There are many companies available on the internet who offer to help you have your web site written in a manner that would put your site high amongst the options for people looking for information.
If you have very good content then you will find that other sites will naturally link to your site. This is your first line of defense against the large number of sites in your sector that are eager to index your site.
Also, a web site that understands the importance of building its content around keywords will provide stiff competition to sites that only wish to target keywords.
Content really is king!
From now on, whenever you receive visitors to your site you must make sure that they have the right content. You should make sure that they are able to see and fully understand the text on your site. Make sure that it is easily accessible and provides valuable information for the visitors.
Of course, if you wanted to eliminate the annoying fluff that so many websites contain, you could do that too!